Friday, February 27, 2009

15 minutes of fame

Still writing and hopeful that I will finally find myself a traditional publisher. Self publishing is fine, but I need more help. Until then, I notice people with 15 minutes of fame on the brain have taken the ball and run field goals or home runs or shot puts all around the pulse of this world. God, I am not that smart. I am a traditionalist in that I don't believe in fucking some married man, having gaggles of kids both biological and adopted and running all over the world trying to pick up where Mother Teresa left off. Or, getting a doctor to impregnate me with some guy's sperm, and my frozen eggs when I already have a gaggle of kids and no job or a man to help me. Or, fighting with a bunch of siliconed pole hos over some washed up rocker or butt-ugly 70 year-old old rapper. Or, act like a complete buffoon on any other insipid reality show, or marry some old man for his money. Nope, I want to do this in my own way. But how? How can I get someone to believe that I have what it takes to quit my boring 9 to 5 job in order to become a celebrated writer with great benefits in this jacked up economy? How? More on that ponder later...

No comments: